Access to Finance Rwanda is seeking to offer an opportunity for Internship in the ICT department. The Intern bears the responsibility of providing IT technical and logistical support in facilitating Programs and activities commissioned by AFR. He/She will provide support to the the ICT to ensure that computing systems and equipment are operating effectively and efficiently within AFR.
Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) was established in 2010 as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee (CLG) in Rwanda with the objective of increasing access to financial services for the rural and urban poor and for micro, small and medium sized enterprises in Rwanda. Existing funders of AFR include DFID, MasterCard Foundation, USAID and Sweden.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
Under the direct supervision of the ICT department, The Intern will perform the following duties:
• Serve as the first point of contact for staff seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
• Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
• Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by staff
• Contribute towards creating the AFR staff IT training and resource centre.
• Walk the staff through the problem-solving process
• Log all issues and their resolution through the helpdesk system and make regular reports.
• Manage all printer related services.
• Manage ICT equipment such as air conditioners, biometric systems, and CCTV.
• Manage all the audio-visual devices and software in the meeting rooms.
• Support the conversion of manual filing system into a Digital Document
management system for ease of file access.
• Manage all power-related devices including the UPS, stabilizers, inverters, and AVR.
• Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
• Perform any other duties as required
|Qualifications and experience|
• Recent graduate (not later than 2 years ago) of a bachelor’s degree in Computer science, IT, Electronics, Telecommunications or any other relevant degree.
• Excellent English verbal and writing skills
• Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
• Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, cloud applications and other tech systems.
• Proficiency in Computer Operating systems installation and troubleshooting.
• Proficiency in computer hardware troubleshooting
• Strong interest in organization digitalization
• Culturally sensitive and enjoys working in a new context with people of different cultures
|Essential personal attributes|
1. Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritising as is necessary for timely and effective delivery of assignments.
2. Attentive to detail
3. Curious with high learning agility
4. Good writing and presentation skills
|How to Apply|
• All qualified applicants should submit their applications through Job in Rwanda using this Link by May 29th, 2020.
• The application should contain a CV with an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, present position, and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
• All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact Job in Rwanda.
This position is open to Rwandans only.