File size: 375.5 kb
|Advertisement for Head of Finance and Administration|
Access to Finance Rwanda wishes to hire a full time staff for the position of Head of Finance and Administration. This is a Senior Management position reporting directly to the Country Director.
|About Access to Finance Rwanda|
Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) is a Rwandan Not for Profit Organization, established in March 2010 by the governments of Rwanda and the United Kingdom (UK) and is currently funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), MasterCard Foundation, USAID and Sweden. Guided by the Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach, AFR’s strategic focus is to stimulate financial sector development and address constraints that prevent the financial market from reaching Rwanda’s low-income population (for more details visit our website: www.afr.rw
|Purpose of the position|
The Head of Finance & Administration’s role is to ensure that there is strategic leadership provided to the organisation in the development and implementation of AFR’s financial strategies and delivery of administration services; that there is a sound financial reporting system and administrative framework which supports the implementation of AFR’s strategic objectives and goals.
REPORTS TO: Country Director
SUPERVISES: Accountant, Grants Management Officer, Procurement & Project Support Specialist, Office Manager
|Scope of Responsibilities|
Reporting to the Country Director, the Head of Finance and Administration will be responsible for the following key tasks:
1. Strategic & Operational Planning- As a member of the Senior Management team support the organisation in strategic and operational planning and governance, ensuring that resourcing implications are fully considered
2. Finance Management- Support the Country Director in ensuring the financial wellbeing and viability of AFR
3. Resource Management - Lead the organisation in effective and efficient management of resources; seeking to maximise the impact of AFR’s deployment of resources
4. Systems Development - Develop and ensure the implementation of AFR’s Resource Management Systems that will ensure effective management of resources and provision of timely and useful management information
5. Risk Management -Oversee the management of risk across all of AFR’s activities; ensuring that a comprehensive understanding of AFR’s risks has been developed and that strategies are in place
6. Team Leadership - Lead the Finance & Administration team in a manner that empowers them to deliver excellent support services and maximises value for money on investment from AFR’s resources
1. Degree and Master’s in business administration (or relevant area)
2. ACCA/CPA fully qualified
3. Qualification in HR Management (added advantage)
|Job related experience and Knowledge|
1. Demonstrated experience in leadership and management of a finance and administration team for at least three years.
2. 6-9 years progressive experience in financial management in medium to large size donor funded organisations
3. Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software application required.
4. Proven expertise in developing and implementing financial controls and processes
5. Demonstrable experience in managing grants and knowledge of donor funding rules and regulations
6. Extensive knowledge of international financial reporting standards and other accounting best practice.
7. Comprehensive knowledge and experience in budgeting and forecasting for business operations
8. Experience in Managing Human Resources function in medium/ large organisation
9. Demonstrated experience in working with project management systems desired
The position is open to Rwandan Nationals with experience in leading and managing a Finance and Administration team.
You may also access the same advert at: : http://www.afr.rw/resources/procurement/article/advert_head-of-finance-and-administration-29-apr-19
|How to Apply|
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for this role, please follow this link: https://www.jobinrwanda.com/job/head_finance_and_administration_1 and apply using the “Apply for this job” button below before the 19th May 2019.
Please attach your CV containing your e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, present position and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (1 page) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position (all in 1 document). Do not attach any other documents at this point.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
For any questions regarding the application process please send an email to Job in Rwanda.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply