File size: 171.3 kb
Access to Finance Rwanda wishes to hire a full time staff for the position of Research and Knowledge Management Specialist. The Research and Knowledge Management Specialist reports to the Head of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL).
|About Access to Finance Rwanda|
Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) is a Rwandan Not for Profit Organization, established in March 2010 by the governments of Rwanda and the United Kingdom (UK) and is currently funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), MasterCard Foundation, USAID and Sweden. Guided by the Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach, AFR’s strategic focus is to stimulate financial sector development and address constraints that prevent the financial market from reaching Rwanda’s low-income population (for more details visit our website:www.afr.rw
Purpose of the position
The objective of this role is to support the positioning of AFR as a knowledge hub in its support for inclusive financial sector development in Rwanda and to address AFR’s key learning questions. The Research & Knowledge Management (KM) Specialist will develop and implement AFR’s learning agenda and commission and communicate key research internally and externally. The function translates learning into knowledge products that influence market actors to change their behavior to ensure financial services are provided to better serve the poor. Working closely with AFR teams, the local industry and AFR’s technical service provider the Research & Knowledge Management Specialist will lead the refinement and implementation of the Knowledge Management Strategy and Work Plan for AFR.
REPORTS TO: Head of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL).
Scope of Responsibilities
The Research and Knowledge Management Specialist will be responsible for the following key tasks:
1. Research - Design & oversee implementation of AFR’s financial sector and market research activities. Also commission research for social, political and economic analysis.
2. Strategy & Programming - Contribute to the development of AFR’s Strategic & Project Plans
3. Strategy & Systems Development - Develop and continually enhance AFR’s knowledge management strategy & systems
4. Learning & Analysis - Lead the review, analysis and interpretation of learning resulting from M&E collected data; presenting information in a way that it is understood by targeted audiences.
5. Focus on internal learning for program/project adaptation that would enhance crowding in by actors and support AFR’s strategy development.
6. Communicating for Impact - Work closely with the Communications Manager to develop effective communications campaigns and stimulate widespread uptake of key learning and, especially, of AFR’s successful interventions.
7. Capacity Building & People Management - Build the capacity of AFR’s staff, consultants, partners and other stakeholders to effectively deliver against the Research & Knowledge Management Strategy and carry out key activities skillfully.
1. Master’s degree in the social sciences, with a focus on evaluation and research methods. (PhD would be an added advantage)
2. Six years of work experience in the development sector three of which are specific to evaluation and learning.
3. Qualifications in monitoring and statistical techniques
Job related experience and Knowledge
1. Knowledge and demonstrated use of research methods and techniques, with strong data analysis skills
2. Proven experience in conducting and managing baseline and evaluation surveys.
3. Demonstrated experience in the application of Knowledge Management techniques in both managing and disseminating information
4. Knowledge of the Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach and its application to financial market systems development will be an added advantage.
5. Demonstrated commitment to academic integrity and a track record of analysing both successes and failures for opportunities to improve; experience of Quality Management Systems or approaches an advantage
6. Excellent knowledge and conceptual understanding of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and application to international development
7. Track record of developing and operating a MEL system in practice; including data collection tools development
8. Good knowledge of computer applications for information collection, management and dissemination
9. Very good written and spoken English (fluency in Kinyarwanda and French are also desirable)
How to Apply
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for this role, please apply through Job In Rwanda portal clearly indicating on the Subject line: Application for The Research and Knowledge Management Specialist.. All applications should be sent via Job In Rwanda application portal. Any applications submitted to any other contacts will be disqualified automatically.
Please attach your CV containing your e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, present position and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
Closing date for receipt of applications will be 09th June, 2019 by 5:00PM SHARP Rwanda Time.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
For any questions regarding the application process please contact Job In Rwanda during working hours only from 8:00AM to 4:00PM
Women candidates are encouraged.
The position is open to professionals residing in Rwanda with required expertise, experience and qualifications.
You may also access the same advert at AFR website by clicking the following link: