Advertisement for Recruitment of the Project Support Accountant Position
The Project Support Accountant will support the program teams in project budgeting, financial planning, transactions processing, reporting, fiduciary risk assessments, project audits and financial management.
Reporting line: The position reports to the Finance Manager
Scope of Responsibilities
The Project Support Accountant will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Support project teams and key stakeholders in clarifying resourcing requirements and developing comprehensive project budgets and annual work plans
- Support project managers in effectively managing each project’s finances, achieving value for money, and ensuring compliance with AFR policies and AFR funders requirements
- Manage the processes associated with sub granting for the projects being supported, ensuring that funds are disbursed to Implementing Partners in compliance with contracts terms and AFR policies and procedures
- Work together with project teams to assist with the initial selection, assessment, and subsequent on-boarding of Implementing Partners (IPs)
- Ensure that all risk management and accountability provisions are adhered to by both AFR staff and implementing partners in the projects being supported
- And other duties as requested by the Finance Manager
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance /Business administration
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA
- Knowledge and working experience with an accounting software
Job related experience and knowledge
- At least 3 years’ experience in an accounting role of similar responsibilities and complexity. Working experience in the development sector with international donor funding is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and good hands-on experience and skills in using financial and accounting software applications
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting, reporting, and grants, sub grants and contracts management processes
- Solid knowledge of key donor regulations and compliance requirements
- Proven track record of effective financial analysis, proactive problem solving, and financial trouble shooting
- Good understanding of fund accounting and auditing
- Good oral and written communication skills in English; French and Kinyarwanda are added advantage
How to Apply
All qualified candidates should submit their applications through Job in Rwanda by using the” Apply for this job” button below by the 10th September 2022 clearly indicating in the Subject line: Application for Project Support Accountant Position.
The application should contain a Resume with e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, and names & addresses of three professional referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarising why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact Job in Rwanda.
Qualified Rwandans and Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Note: This position is open to only local candidates with relevant experience and qualifications.