Recruitment of the Gender Specialist
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Gender and Inclusion Specialist is AFR’s in-house advisor on Gender & Inclusion. There are two major components to the role:
- Developing capacity building approaches and tools that will support AFR’s staff, Implementing Partners (IPs), and stakeholders to deliver best practice in Gender & Inclusion; providing expert advice and guidance, cross-cutting all projects. This includes the development of communications and knowledge management strategies that will position AFR as a centre of excellence in Gender & Inclusion.
- Acting as an intervention manager: managing a portfolio of projects, and interventions within pillars that are led by colleagues, that will have a beneficial impact on Gender and Inclusion. Participate in networking and advocacy activities when called for by AFR’s communication plan.
The Specialist is an accomplished project manager and ensures that the portfolio of Gender & Inclusion projects deliver against the goals and targets laid out in the work plan and results management framework.
Reporting line: The position reports to the Senior Project Portfolio Manager.
Supervises: Relevant technical consultants
Download the technical job description.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Gender Specialist will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Act as AFR’s advisor in Gender & Inclusion and support AFR’s staff, Implementing Partners, and stakeholders understand and adopt best practice
- Participate in the development of the whole country strategy, pillar strategies and plans, contributing insights on Gender & Inclusion and helping to design impactful programmes
- Coordinate the roll-out of projects so that results are achieved, risks are managed and that quality projects are delivered; ensuring that learning from projects is fully utilised to maximise impact and innovation
- Actively participate in the development, implementation, and results-measurement of an innovative Communications & Influencing plan for AFR; collaborate with the Communications Manager to achieve priority influencing and communications goals for Gender & Inclusion
- Manage the resources associated with Gender & Inclusion projects, aiming to maximise the efficiency achieved with the available resources, and ensuring compliance with AFR and donor policies
- And other duties as requested by the Senior Project Portfolio Manager
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Additional professional qualification, post graduate degree in Gender studies and relevant accreditations are an advantage
- Certification in Project Management (e.g. PMP/ PRINCE2) preferred
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 5 years proven experience in the Gender and Inclusion space
- Demonstrated track record of providing advisory services and capacity building in the Gender and Inclusion emerging evidence of thought leadership (e.g. by publication/production of knowledge materials)
- Evidence of concrete achievement in the Gender mainstreaming – hands on delivery of projects, outcome, impact
- Ability to think conceptually and systemically; familiarity with market development approaches (M4P)
- Proven ability to develop practical interventions and tools and to facilitate the capacity of others to operate in accordance with good practice
- Track record of managing relationships and influencing key stakeholders; able to engage effectively at EXCO level
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Familiarity with major players in financial sector development in Rwanda
- Languages: French, Kinyarwanda
HOW TO APPLY
All candidates should submit their applications by clicking in the “Apply” button on this page and fill in their details by 16 June 2021 at 5:00pm CAT
The application should contain a Resume with e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarising why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
For any questions regarding the application process please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified Rwandans and Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Note: This position is open to local, regional and international candidates with relevant experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit cedarafricagroup.catsone.com.