Recruitment of the Office Assistant and Receptionist Position
The Office Assistant and Receptionist is responsible for providing office services, front desk, and telephone communication management services in the most efficient and timely manner and to the standards and expectations of AFR staff and visitors. The role holder shall act as the first point of contact and resource to all incoming guests and staff. S/he shall provide collaborative day to day general office management, clerical, logistical and administration support to executive functions of AFR in a professional manner for optimal performance.
Reporting line: The position reports to the Human Resources and Administration Manager
Scope of Responsibilities
The Office Assistant and Receptionist will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Manage an efficient and well-informed front desk; represent the organisation’s brand by ensuring that visitors and all incoming and outgoing communications are handled with maximum efficiency and professionalism
- Liaise with the Procurement Manager to ensure the provision of supplies for the reception area and executive offices; manage supplies and resources in compliance with AFR’s procedures and ensuring good value for money for the organisation
- Organise and coordinate meetings, visits, events, and workshops as requested; ensuring that all logistical requirements are effectively managed so that departmental staff can focus on the technical content
- Ensure compliance with the organisation’s policies, procedures, and risk management framework in relation to front desk and telephone communications
- Manage office facility and international staff housing (if applicable) ensuring an appropriate standard of health, safety, security, and environment is maintained at all times
- And other duties as requested by the Human Resources and Administration Manager
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, hospitality management, mass communication and/or an equivalent qualification
- Possession of a Certificate in either Customer Care; or Front Desk Management; or Public Relations from a recognized University/Institution is an added advantage.
Job related experience and knowledge
- At least 4 years’ experience in front office management and/or administrative functions in an international/diplomatic organisation
- Previous experience working in reception or call centre in a service industry is preferred
- Computer literate: word processing, excel, power point, MS outlook
- Track record of good quality internal customer service provision
- Experience with coordinating logistics and events
- Excellent team player and ability to accommodate work pressure
- Friendly and professional demeanour with positive attitude and good self-presentation
- Excellent planning and organising skills and abilities
- Good communication skills both oral and written in English and Kinyarwanda
- Knowledge of French would be an added advantage
How to Apply
All qualified applicants should submit their applications through the “Apply for this job” button below by the 24th May 2021 at 5.00 pm Central African Time (CAT)
The application should contain a Resume with an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact us here.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Note: This position is open to local candidates with relevant experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobinrwanda.com.