Recruitment of a Consultant for Digital Content Development
AFR is a Rwandan Not for Profit Organization, established in March 2010 by the Governments of Rwanda and the United Kingdom (UK) and is currently funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), MasterCard Foundation, USAID, and Sweden. Guided by the Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach, AFR’s strategic focus is to stimulate financial sector development and address constraints that prevent the financial market from reaching Rwanda’s low-income population (for more details visit our website: www.afr.rw)
Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) is seeking to hire an individual consultant to support the development of written and audio-visual content for the AFR website and social media in addition to providing technical and logistical support to AFR’s internal and external communications.
With the support of the Communications Manager, the digital content consultant will be responsible for documenting AFR’s program and projects’ achievements through success stories, blogs, web graphics, and videos.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Communications Manager, the consultant will perform the following duties:
- Developing AFR’s content strategy, goals, and editorial calendar for AFR’s web publications and social media.
- Create web and social media content such as articles, blogs, presentations, animations, infographics, and videos.
- Support the organization of virtual events such as webinars and physical events such as workshops, conferences, and campaigns.
- Regularly review AFR’s content on the website and update it when needed
- Submit daily media reviews monitoring AFR and its focus areas’ mentions in local and international media.
- Support the development and distribution of AFR’s internal and external newsletters
- Ensure effective collaboration with project teams to gather information, write articles, blogs, etc. to be published on AFR’s internal and external communications platforms. The consultant will also support content gathering from field activities and events
- Assist with writing press releases, managing media relations, and organizing press conferences.
- Keeping track of administrative and logistics processes of the communications department.
- Attend and take meeting minutes for pertinent meetings such as with AFR partners and events preparation meetings
- Translating content from English to Kinyarwanda or vice versa
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, communications, or a related subject. Having a master’s degree in the relevant field would be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience working in journalism, copywriting, communications, or other related fields
- Excellent verbal and written English and Kinyarwanda. Knowledge of French would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook high-level knowledge of best practices in social media.
- Strong interest in graphic design, and photography with basic skills in utilizing Adobe creative cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere…) or any other professional graphic design tool.
- Culturally sensitive and enjoys working in a new context with people of different cultures
- Willingness to travel regularly to field locations throughout the country
Duration of the consultant
The successful consultant is expected to sign a contract in mid-November 2020 for a period of four months.
Essential personal attributes
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritizing as is necessary for timely and effective delivery of assignments.
- Attentive to detail
- Curious with high learning agility
- Good writing and presentation skills
How to apply
- All qualified applicants should submit their applications through Job in Rwanda using the following “Apply for this job” button below by the 4th November 2020
- The application should contain an up-to-date CV with an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position (all in 1 document). The applicant should also submit two samples of their previous writing on the other 2 upload buttons.
- All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
- For any questions regarding the application process please contact Job in Rwanda.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobinrwanda.com.