Recruitment of the Chief Operations Officer (COO)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) is responsible for ensuring that all of AFR’s resources are managed and utilized in a cost-effective and efficient manner with a secure system of controls and safeguards. The COO advises the Board and Senior Management in three main areas:
- Financial Management – ensuring the financial sustainability of AFR as an institution (managing liquidity and cash flow).
- Audit – the effective management of risk (operational and financial).
- Investment – managing both incoming and outgoing investments to optimize development impact. In addition, s/he is responsible for developing and updating the operational manuals and policies and implementing new systems and technologies across all support sections, aiming to manage the efficient and effective use of funding and to support the other sections of AFR in achieving their operational targets.
Reporting line; The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Supervises; Finance Manager, Grants and Contracts Manager, Procurement Manager, ICT Manager, HR & Administration Manager.
Download the technical Job Description
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The COO will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, support the organization in strategic and operational planning and budgeting; facilitate decision making to optimize value-for-money in the deployment of resources.
- Ensure the sound use and management of organizational finances, following generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and the laws of Rwanda; provide expert financial advice to AFR’s board, management, staff, and stakeholders.
- Liaise closely with the ICT and other departmental Managers to develop, and ensure the implementation of, a forward-looking technology strategy for the organization; identifying opportunities for ICT to enhance effectiveness and impact.
- Lead the organization in the effective and efficient management of resources, seeking to maximize the impact of AFR’s deployment of resources.
- Working in collaboration with the Board Audit and Risk Committee, oversee the management of risk across all of AFR’s activities, ensuring that a comprehensive understanding of AFR’s risks has been developed and that strategies are in place and implemented for effective risk management.
- Lead the Finance & Administration team in a manner that empowers them to deliver excellent support services and maximizes value for money on investment from AFR’s resources.
- Any other duties as requested by the CEO.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in business administration or relevant field
- ACCA/CPA fully qualified
- Qualification in HR Management (added advantage)
JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 10 years progressive experience in financial management in medium to large size organizations of similar complexity to AFR
- Proven expertise in developing and implementing financial controls and processes
- Demonstrable experience in managing grants and knowledge of donor funding rules and regulations
- Extensive knowledge of international financial reporting standards and other accounting best practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in budgeting and forecasting for business operations
- Experience in Managing Human Resources function in medium/ large organization
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Excellent written and spoken English
HOW TO APPLY
All candidates should submit their applications by clicking the “Apply” button on this page fill in their details by 16th June 2021 at 5.00 pm (CAT).
The application should contain a Resume with an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, names and addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
For any questions regarding the application process please contact us at, firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified Rwandans and Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Note: This position is open to local, regional, and international candidates with relevant experience and qualified
To apply for this job please visit cedarafricagroup.catsone.com.