Recruitment of the Communications Manager Position
The Communications Manager leads the AFR team in developing and implementing a communication strategy that is effective in influencing key stakeholders to support AFR’s strategies and goals; particularly where this is likely to promote real benefits for targeted sectors. A critical starting point is to support AFR’s managers in identifying the ways in which achievement of strategic goals is dependent upon influencing the attitudes &/or behaviours of key stakeholders and decision-makers; aggregating these insights into an organisation-wide Influencing & Communications plan. The Communications Manager then supports the team in implementing the plan, providing coordination, technical advice and support, and overseeing any communications consultants who are deployed on projects.
As a member of the Monitoring, Results Measurement, Learning and Communication team, the Communications Manager also plays a critical role in raising the profile of AFR as a thought leader, managing AFR’s social media, producing other publications, and assisting with the development and dissemination of knowledge resources.
Reporting line: The position reports to the Head of Monitoring, Results Measurement, Learning & Communication (MRMLC)
Scope of Responsibilities
The Communications Manager will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Work closely with AFR’s Senior Management to support the development and implementation of AFR’s strategic & operational plans by contributing expertise in market development, communications and the psychology of influencing
- Co-ordinate the roll-out of the Communications strategy and Annual Work Plan; continuously monitor its effectiveness and impact, analysing learning and making adjustments as required
- Work closely with AFR’s Senior Management and colleagues in Knowledge Management and the Research and Information Pillar to ensure knowledge is managed and communicated effectively.
- Lead and manage all those who are involved in communications activities – colleagues and consultants – in a manner that empowers and motivates them to deliver AFR’s goals and objectives
- And other duties as requested by the Head of Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning & Communication.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in a communications-related field
- Post Graduate Diploma in Development Economics (added advantage)
- Relevant training or certification in social media communication and/or digital design/editing (added advantage)
Job related experience and knowledge
- 6-10 years’ post-graduation experience as a Communication Specialist or similar role
- Knowledge and understanding of finance sector
- Outstanding writing skills and ability to produce high quality English language content; ability to effectively manage the production of reports and publications
- Experience in developing and implementing Communication and Advocacy strategies with evidence of having effectively led opinion/behavioural change
- Experience in content development for various media platforms (Radio, TV, website, Social media)
- Proven track record in developing media relations and strategic partnerships
- Demonstrable experience in the application of Knowledge Management techniques in both managing and disseminating information
- Proven track record in managing teams and consultants / service providers, including development of terms of reference where required
- Excellent written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda
- Knowledge of French would be an added advantage
How to Apply
All qualified applicants should submit their applications through the “Apply for this job” button below by the 24th May 2021 at 5.00 pm Central African Time (CAT)
The application should contain a Resume with an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact us here.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Note: This position is open to local candidates with relevant experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobinrwanda.com.