Recruitment of the Finance Manager Position
The Finance Manager is responsible for supporting AFR’s financial sustainability by ensuring good financial planning and management as well as overall compliance with AFR, donor and government rules and regulations. The Finance Manager is responsible for day to day financial operations, implementing AFR’s financial policies to provide effective support to the team. He/she plans, directs, and is responsible for providing quality financial services to all programmes, projects, departments, and staff. The Finance Manager works closely with the Chief Operations Officer (COO) to ensure that the Finance team provides an integrated and effective service to AFR’s programmes.
Reporting line: The position reports to the Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Scope of Responsibilities
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Facilitate the development of budgets and financial plans that comprehensively support the implementation of AFR’s work plan and the achievement of strategic objectives
- Lead on the identification of AFR’s financial risks and the development & implementation of risk-management controls and practices
- Develop policies, procedures and financial systems that will ensure effective and compliant management of AFR’s financial resources; monitor and support effective organisation-wide implementation
- Oversee the sound use and management of organisational finances, following generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and the laws of Rwanda
- Lead the financial team to produce accurate, timely and meaningful financial analysis and reporting; support AFR’s management to make effective financial decisions
- Lead any staff or consultants who contribute to the finance department, empowering them to add value to AFR and deliver high standards of performance
- And other duties as requested by the Chief Operations Officer (COO).
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance or Business Management or related field
- Fully Certified Public Accountant (CPA and / or ACCA)
Job related experience and knowledge
- At least five years as a Head of Finance/Finance Manager or equivalent experience
- At least 8 to ten years’ experience working in the developmental / for profit Sector; with specific technical experience in budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, grants/contracts management and business management
- Demonstrated experience with financial troubleshooting and audit
- Demonstrated ability to develop and monitor annual and periodic budgets.
- Proven ability to effectively carry out periodic accurate reporting in timely fashion
- Advanced analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent attention to details, organised, and can work to strict deadlines
- A solid technical understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP), IFRS and current Rwandan legislation
- Skilled in use of MS Excel (including MS query and pivot tables) and MS Office essential, with Proficiency in Office suites
- Good oral and written communication skills in English; French and Kinyarwanda are also an advantage
How to Apply
All qualified applicants should submit their applications through the “Apply for this job” button below by the 24th May 2021 at 5.00 pm Central African Time (CAT)
The application should contain a Resume with an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact us here.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Note: This position is open to local candidates with relevant experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobinrwanda.com.