Recruitment of the Intervention Manager-Data Analytics Position
The Intervention Manager-Data Analytics is responsible for monitoring and influencing public policy and the regulation of data in Rwanda; aiming to positively impact financial inclusion and financial sector development in a manner that provides data protection and privacy for individuals. The role holder shall support the effective management of data generated by the various Financial Service Provides (FSPs) and results measurement initiatives of the AFR portfolio.
In collaboration with relevant staff, partners and FSPs, the role holder shall deploy efficient, cost-effective and centralized tools in the collection, analysis, visualization and reporting of policy and impact data. He/she shall also promote the use of data by financial and other institutions for the delivery of better services across the financial sector, to make AFR and players a more data-driven organisation and to source, manage and promote access to the industry’s internal data, as well as other data held by AFR, private companies, other research organizations and the Rwandan government.
Reporting line: The position reports to the Head of Research and Information.
Scope of Responsibilities
The Intervention Manager-Data Analytics will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Design and contribute to a strategy that seeks to monitor and influence public policy and regulation of data in Rwanda as it impacts the financial sector, the usage of financial services and bringing the excluded into the financial sector.
- Promote/motivate access and use of data by financial and other institutions as well as AFR for the delivery of better services across the financial sector and to make AFR a more data-driven organisation.
- Lead the development and deployment of appropriate, modern and user-friendly data management systems that facilitate macro-level and micro level data mining, data availability, integrity, security, usability according to robust principles, practices and standards.
- Perform multi-level quantitative and qualitative data analytics and synthesis to support quality reporting and eventual decision making by AFR management, Pillar Heads and Board Investment Committee (BIC) and support FSPs and other financial institutions in conducting the same
- Work with the various AFR stakeholders to ensure that they have requisite skillset, toolsets, and mind-set to fully participate in the generation, analysis and reporting of financial sector performance and intervention design data
- And other duties as requested by the Head of Research and Information
Education and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Business Computing, Computer science/ICT
- Professional training or certification in data science, business analysis and intelligence, business modelling, and /Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage
Job related experience and knowledge
- At least 5 years post graduate experience in a s a research environment, such as academia, business intelligence, think tank or other research in multinational organisations
- Advanced knowledge of econometrics, modelling and data analysis focused on economic research and evaluation questions.
- Experience in working with qualitative and quantitative cross-section datasets is required. Experience in working with longitudinal datasets or transaction datasets is advantageous.
- Proven working knowledge of the research process, including formulation of research questions, identification of data required to answer the research question, selection of appropriate data analysis techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of any of the following programming/software skills required to apply the techniques to the dataset(s) available e.g. Python, Matlab, SAS, Stata, VBA, R-studio, SPSS etc and MIS systems in general. Knowledge of trending effective data management technologies is desired
- Ability to present results from a data analysis exercise in a concise and transparent manner, using written documents, presentations, and visuals (such as graphs and infographics).
- Knowledge and experience of financial inclusion research and evaluation in developing countries is required. Experience of working in Rwanda is preferred.
- Good numerical, analytical, investigative and data administration skills
- Knowledge of donor policies, procedures, expectations and trends regarding data management
- Excellent written and spoken English; Knowledge of Kinyarwanda and French is an advantage
How to Apply
All qualified applicants should submit their applications through the “Apply for this job” button below by the 24th May 2021 at 5.00 pm Central African Time (CAT)
The application should contain a Resume with an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact us here.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Note: This position is open to local candidates with relevant experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobinrwanda.com.